The goal of this day is to introduce you to new digital literacy concepts that will enable your company to do more with their investment in Microsoft Office 365. You should leave knowing that IT can help you roll out great solutions using these tools and have a brain full of new ideas and concepts that you’d like to implement.
Harbor Computer Services is a Microsoft partner with 11 years of experience at helping small business migrate to the cloud and modernize their businesses. We’re a full service MSP style firm with an emphasis on service.
Schedule for the day
- 8:30-8:55 Breakfast and welcome
- 9:00 – 9:25 Microsoft Office 365 Rapid Fire! Microsoft Office 365 is more than just email and Office. Join us for this rapid fire of introduction to the 30 applications included in the Microsoft Office 365 Business plan. Applications: All of them!
- 9:30 – 9:55 You’ve got apps! Microsoft 365 apps for mobile devices have come a long way! Learn which mobile apps for Microsoft 365 will be the most beneficial for your organization! Increase productivity and spend your time wisely while using mobile apps. Including a demo of the secret powers of Outlook Mobile. Applications: Lens, MileIQ, Teams, SharePoint and Outlook
- 10:00 – 10:25 How to manage meetings and appointments politely Most people count on the calendar being an accurate representation of their day. Leaving moved or cancelled appointments in place can ruin a persons day. I’ll show you how to not ruin their day through the use of simple calendar etiquette. Applications: Outlook and FindTime
- 10:30 – 10:55 OneDrive Client! One of the most underrated tools in the Microsoft 365 tool kit. From helping to protect desktop files to giving you access to files on the go. This session explains how it works and what to look for. Applications OneDrive for Business
- 11:00 – 11:55 Day in the life: Sales/Marketing and Project management using Teams Learn how different job roles are using Teams. Whether you are an Architecture firm, a Medical Practice, or an Engineer… these apps are meant to be customized for your business. Take ideas from other types of businesses and make them your own! Applications: Teams, Teams mobile, Planner, PowerBI and more
- 12:00 – 12:45 Lunch and learn
- 12:15 – 12:45 How do Facebook ads know you just ordered cat food from Amazon? The world of data sharing is a double edged sword. I’ll talk about the convenience and the annoyance and we’ll clear up some of the things you’re heard in the news recently about personal data security issues. Applications: Security, Compliance, admin
- 12:50 – 1:15 Getting Employee and Management buy-in. Everyone hates change and yet everyone does it daily. From buying a new car to trying a new item on the menu everyone changes when they want to. Learn approaches for easing co-workers into new ideas, apps, and processes. Get strategies on how to approach management with new ideas, and sell them on it! This session will teach you how to approach different personalities and environments in order to achieve buy-in for truly productive solutions. Applications: Planner, SharePoint, modern work
- 1:20 – 2:15 Your Flow starter pack. What if you could get your manager to approve the quote you created without having to email them? What if the picture of a receipt automatically converted into a pdf and saved itself into your expenses folder? What if a document you finished automatically uploaded itself into the right SharePoint folder? All of this and more is possible with Flow. Flow helps employees automate tasks. In this session I’ll show you four flows that can be used as your starter pack. Applications: Flow, Sharepoint, OneDrive
- 2:15 – 2:30 Break
- 2:30 – 3:25 Infrastructure Management. My How It’s Changed! Moving to the cloud gives companies a wide range of features and settings that they have never had access to before. However all of that “New” still needs to be protected and maintained. From Backup to Maintenance, this session will highlight some of the “same old things” required in the new Cloud world. Applications: OneDrive, Admin, Security topics
- 3:30 – 3:55 OneNote demonstration How to use OneNote to organize anything. Applications: Office Lens, OneNote
- 4:00 – 4:25Let’s eliminate passwords: Say what? We all have too many passwords. So let’s get rid of them. Microsoft recently released the ability to not have a password and to use this authentication method for applications and websites that aren’t even owned by Microsoft. I’ll show you how in the world this is possible and how I’m using it today. Applications: Azure AD, Windows 10